Training & Retention Program for Medical Assistants
REGISTRATION CLOSES: May 11, 2022
Medical Assistants (MAs) play a critical role in expanding capacity within care teams and providing care to patients, yet often aren’t equipped with the necessary skills to be the most effective or successful in complex care settings.
As a part of CPCA's mission to provide community health centers with training opportunities to help them succeed in the ever-changing health care landscape, we have partnered with Macman Management Healthcare Services to deliver a robust MA training program.
Medical Assistant+ is a six-month virtual training and retention program that help build the necessary skills a successful MA team requires -- guiding them towards career advancement and certification.
PROGRAM FEE PER PARTICIPANT
$3,000 due upon registration.
*All sessions are a full day and take place from 8:00am - 5:00pm.
- 5/19/2022: What is a Community Health Center/Professionalism Part 1
- 6/16/2022: Insurance and Financial Responsibilities/PMHC & the Care Team
- 7/21/2022: Safety & Quality/Pharmacology/Professionalism Part 2
- 8/25/2022: Pathophysiology/Social Determinants of Health
- 9/15/2022: Motivational Interviewing/Core Competencies
- 10/20/2022: Review and Certification Test Prep
LEARNING FOCUS AREAS
Effective Care Teams - Communication and critical thinking skill-building.
Quality Improvement & Data - The role of the MA in improvement and collection efforts.
Cultural Competency - Providing culturally sensitive care and understanding social determinants of health.
Serving Your Community - Supporting the passion and drive of working in a community health center.
Please contact Dinorah de la Rosa at email@example.com.